Welcome to MlupPreahThor !
MlupPreahThor is a group of people who promote the happiness philosophy of the enlightened teacher who determined the truth as our living teacher that means universally now and then and other truths and tools for happiness and enlightenment of sentient beings, especially Cambodian people.
MlupPreahThor has been found due to the need to rehab social values in Cambodia and to encourage wider translation and the opportunity for the people to know the mentioned happiness philosophy known as the Dhamma (the natural truth) in order to see the mystery of life and rightly liberate themselves from suffering and confusion and live in peace together. Additionally, we also collect and share other natural, sustainable and harmonic truths and best practices from around the world, such as Gandhi’s peace & nature cure, UN/ILO poverty alleviation, UN/FAO food security, etc, that supplement in reaching the goal: quality of life and happiness.
We are the truth based people. The Buddha is our enlightened teacher, not a lord or a god. We support Gandhi’s suggestion “There is no god higher than truth”. We respect Buddhism as the educational science for life transformation toward a great person – the person that has real peace-within or happiness and harmless in a systematic way rather than a religion, and we would like the public to see so as well. So, as neutral people, what we have to absolutely do for real human civilization and peace is just to explore and practice the truths, not the belief or tradition. Then, by this, we will experience real peace, not conflicts. So, may all beings experiencing real peacewithin!
MlupPreahThor is a non-discriminatory and non-political organization. We respect and serve all races, religions and all sentient beings who need help.
Our strategies are knowledge sharing, technical and financial cooperation and advocacy.
MlupPreahThor has been found Ubasak Sotha Ros with strong encouragements from his former colleagues and friends, especially Mr. Meta Yob and financial, spiritual, and physical support of Ajan Phal Keo and former venerable Chanthorn Kit and other people. The establishment of MlupPreahThor is due to, in Cambodia, institutionally, Buddhism still not yet able to stand as a core path for the Khmer society spiritually, especially after the Pol Pot’s time due to a few main reasons:
- Lack of massive education due to the lack of financial resource, scientific plan and methods. In general, Watts use most of the donated money for building constructions rather than spiritual, wisdom, and social development because of the lack of culture and a proper mechanism for mutual supporting between Buddhists;
- In some points, Buddhism has been practiced differently from Buddhist Vinaya and philosophy due to the history and greed and manipulated by some powerful individuals.
- Due to the above reasons, it causes Buddhism less popular for some people; and discourages people to put efforts in trying to understand and make uses of the founding hidden universal truth and enlightened knowledge on the life-cycle of the human greatest enlightened teacher, the Buddha, for their civilization & peace. In stead, they look for & take other alternatives or beliefs and miss the rare truth and remain the uncountable values of Buddhism hidden still;
- Besides, there is a lack of collecting and sharing other truths and best practices from around the world for peace and happiness of sentient beings, esp. for the present life; and
- We believe that without fund and dedication from Buddhists around the country, we can’t address the above issues.
- Mlup Preah Thor has been recognized by the Royal Gornvement of Cambodia through the Ministry of Cult and Religions.
Cambodia is a beautiful Buddhist country where people practice and live under the common shade of the Universal Truths or Noble Truths or SachakThor in Khmer and traditionally called Dhamma or Dharma at all levels including the policy level.
We commit ourselves to work for progressive and harmonic society through:
promoting better livings of the poor and the most vulnerable and dignity of the human being and other sentient beings;
rebuilding, preserving, disseminating the Universal Truths and promote the basic human rights for a way of life and right works;
providing technical and financial support to Buddhist and social workers, and cooperating with related people and agencies.
Preserving natural environment.
Considering other pain as our pain.
To improve the basic human needs and capacity of the Buddhist and social actors.
We believe that the Buddhistscience can stay in the country and practiced by the people if:
- people had opportunities to understand the advantages of the Universal Truths;
- people meet basic needs, especially, food, shelter, clothes, and medical care;
- The educator plays as a role model
- Buddhists are with the people and consider people’s suffering as our suffering too
- Buddhist teaching is done according to the need and culture of society
Key Human Resources
Ubasak Sotha Ros
Specialized in Food Security/Poverty Alleviation
Former: National Pr. Coordinator of the Alleviating Poverty through Peer Training (APPT) of the UN/ILO [ILO/APPT]; National Pr. Coordinator of Off-farm Income Generation within the National Programme for Household Food Security & Poverty Alleviation of the UN/FAO (OPEC Project)
Ven. Pheom Huy
Ubasak Chanthorn Kit
Senior Assist. Management /Program Manager PAMPT
Ms. Boonlerd Niyomthong (Maew)
Nature Cure and Rest Management ToT Senior Trainer
Mr. Michael Powell
Rural and Environmental Economic Advisor
Mrs. Chakrya Phou
National Administrator (Associate)
Ven. Sokkhorn Khoy
Project Admin Assistant/Dev. Agent:PAMPT
Ven. Socheat Hak
National Accountant/Dev. Agent
Ven. Eang Khut
Dev. Agent: Advocacy/HR/PAMPT
Mr. Sok Im
Disabilities and Poverty Alleviation Project Manager
Mrs. Sonita Phourn
National Admin/Accountant Assistant (Volunteer)
MlupPreahThor also accesses to Mrs. Eliny Ol, Agronomist & Rice and Vegetable IPM TOT Senior Trainer, Rice Department of the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry & Fisheries (MAFF) for her technical support. She joins us as Natural Food Production Specialist.